Software Application Developer/Analyst ( Northridge, CA ) 8316239
3 + Month contract
Pay rate: $50-55/hr maybe more for the perfect candidate.
The Application Developer will work as part of a small team in the Information Technology Enterprise Applications Department. This position will have a focus to deliver custom developed SharePoint Applications and Cognos Reports in support of the functional areas of the business. When needed, this position requires the ability to assist business users in defining their requirements, researching, developing to industry software and database design principles and promoting new coding standards to peers. This position will work closely with all end users, department supervisors, department managers, value stream managers, operations plant managers as well as the Business Systems organization.
Must be a US citizen, and ability to immediately obtain an Interim Secret Clearance. While the position does not require off hours on a regular basis, the Application Developer must have the capability to work off hours/weekends as required (e.g., taking a system down, performing an upgrade, etc.).
**Key skills will include SharePoint Development, Program Management exp, COGNOS Dev exp a huge plus. citizenship req'd.
• Develop SharePoint Sites with custom applications and workflows
• Modify existing and create reports with the Cognos Report Authoring Tool
• High level of experience working in SQL Server Databases
• Write SQL code for troubleshooting and data analysis
• Work with IT management to provide schedules for software and report deliverables
• Works directly with users of data to resolve data conflicts, solution incidents and inappropriate usage
• Provide support to the user base, and backup to co-workers