|We have partnered with a Global Automotive Manufacturer to lead a search for their Lead Business Intelligence Analyst role at their Global HQ in NW Ohio. |
Lead Business Intelligence Analyst (job description)
This position for a Lead Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) Business Analyst, which reports to the Manager Business Intelligence & Analytics, focuses primarily on the management of BI&A Solutions during their whole lifecycle, from inception through retirement. The incumbent will partner with BI&A Systems Analysts to closely collaborate with business partners (to identify / define opportunities, requirements, risks, issues, problems, etc.) and with subject matter experts from within company BIS organization and from external partners to frame, architect, design, develop, implement, maintain and support appropriate Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions.
To accomplish these objectives, this position will have the following assigned primary responsibilities. The secondary responsibilities below are associated with substituting and backfilling for a BI&A Systems Analysts if and when necessary.
- Requirement gathering, understanding business requirements, and developing technical specifications across the full solution/product lifecycle.
- Partner with business to understand pain areas and propose scalable and feasible solutions.
- Lead large BI initiatives, working with users and key stakeholders to translate business functional requirements into technical requirements / design documents, validate scope, develop timelines, prioritize work, manage deliverables and communicate progress.
- Source data from multiple systems and formats including SAP, HANA, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft APS, Oracle.
- Identify and design foundational building blocks that help build the bridge that the business walks across when doing their analytics.
- Validate scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects; set and meet deadlines.
- Report BI metrics and status / progress updates for projects, initiatives, requests, problems and incidents.
- Design and implementation of an enterprise reporting architecture in a large-scale deployment.
- Provide architecture and governance oversight related to BI&A solutions.
- Work effectively with cross functional teams, utilizing interpersonal skills to keep others informed of progress and results.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking and structured problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business
- 10 or more years of Business Analysis or similar
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and multiple business functional areas
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements, make recommendations and implement solution
- Experience with integrating 3rd party BI&A products & services and with migrating content between various BI environments
- Experience leading projects and virtual teams along the BI&A system/solution life cycle
- Ability to prioritize and execute in high-pressured environment