Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a IT Data Analyst on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will work closely with the business and other Information Technology (IT) teams focusing on the processes of gathering, analyzing and documenting information requirements using standard data management tools and techniques for the creating, support and administration of database objects.
• Create, implement, manage, and maintain physical databases for applications, data warehouse, and data marts across production and test environments.
• Manage backup, recovery, and security of application databases.
• Application/database problem resolution/contention and troubleshooting.
• Participate in the effort of performing database/application performance tuning.
• Manage physical design and integration of databases to support information requirements where projects are of medium to high complexity and moderate to high in risk.
• Develop, implement, and support methodologies, standards, and tools for data management such as metadata management, data mining, data modeling, data cleansing, transformation and matching, data stewardship, data quality, data integration, data security, and data marts.
• Provide input to design of application systems and interfaces to ensure data access, integration, integrity, and security for projects which are of medium to high complexity and moderate to high in risk
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Someone who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment.
• 2+ years of previous experience as a DB2 z/OS Database Administrator.
• 2+ years of previous experience as a mainframe z/OS user (navigating TSO/ISPF).
• 2+ years of previous experience working with programming/software development groups.
• Understanding of and database design and basic performing tuning.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to speak to all levels of the company (examples include: other DBAs, programmers, project managers, operations staff, various members of infrastructure staff teams, upper management, and non-technical staff, etc.).
• Ability to prioritize work and multi-task between projects.
• Certified as a DB2 z/OS Database Administrator.
• 2+ years of programming experience in at least one language using DB2 z/OS databases such as Java, SAS, COBOL, etc.
• Strong SQL experience and skills.
• 1+ year using BMC Apptune.
• 1 + year using Omegamon for DB2.
• Providing guidance and training to non-mainframe programming staff.
• Experiencing participating in database initiatives such as setting standards and policies related to database administration.
• Agile or iterative database management methodology experience, including continuous integration principles.
• Data modeling experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!