We are in need of a Curriculum Development Specialist for a full-time position in Melville, NY.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and authoring product and technical training course ware for internal and external sales force. You will also instructionally design and author classroom materials; self-paced web-based learning and synchronous web-based learning.
- Design interactive course ware using adult learning theory that appeals to various learning styles.
- Develops scope, objectives, outline and other design documents as per Sales Training Development department standards.
- Author of web-based training and design materials for instructor-led training.
- Utilizes various authoring tools to create interactive, effective and technically functional course ware.
- Utilizes established project development procedures to meet all milestones and final deliverables by deadlines. Works with management to estimate, monitor and adjust deadlines as needed.
- Demonstrates technical and marketing knowledge of a variety of client products.
- 3-5 years experience in instructional design or training development environment is required.
- Must have the ability to work in an ever-changing, project-driven environment with a strong design sensibility when creating web based and instructional materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts in layman's terms is essential.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong project management skills needing minimal supervision.
- Requires understanding of product use and application by customers.
- Bachelor's Degree is required with a concentration in Education, instructional technology or related discipline preferred.
- An understanding of the office equipment industry, digital technology, color printing and networks.
- Ability to use web and multimedia authoring tools such as Captivate.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Flash.